Monday 14 October 2013

I 'too' have a dream

Growing up watching Powerpuff girls, Spiderman and Superman already brings in a feeling that you are going to save the world one day.

I always had a dream that I want to bring a change in the world. After Class 1Oth, it was time for me to decide which professional door would I like to explore. I thought a lot.
One day I was reading Martin Luther King's speech 'I have a dream' these are the few lines which changed my life:

“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”


That's when I decided I want to be a journalist and a voice to thousands of those who deserve justice and a better life. There started my journey to be that change I wanted to see in the society.

After two years in a Journalism college, you realize it's easy to scream you want to bring a change in the society but you dare to stand alone and raise a voice in this ugly world. You will be thrown out of the system and never be able to stand again on your feet. Its easy to watch films like Rang De Basanti and get inspired. After my internships I started understanding that the outside world is all about money,power and a web of corrupted people.

Look around the world be it Hitler or today's Bashar-Al-Assad they have killed thousands of people but who dared to stand up and stop it or a raised a voice?

People like Julian Assange, Bradley Manning or Edward Snowden who exposed the US wiki-leaks and their networks are either jailed or living in an asylum. So, who has the guts to make a difference?

But my dreams have still not changed but have evolved and expanded my thinking capacity.

I still have a dream

A DREAM TO CHANGE THE WORLD
A DREAM TO BE A VOICE TO THE UNHEARD
A DREAM TO BREAK ALL THE BONDAGE AND REALIZE
                                                     I AM THE CHANGE I WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD


 This is what I want to do be it 10 years from now or my lifetime. And Journalism is just the path I have chosen to reach the ultimate goal.

2 comments: